Monday, July 4, 2016

Albany Oregon Police Department, still no justice for illegal arrest, search and seizure

I would love to know how Albany Police Officers have no problem finding lawyers to represent them in suing APD and the city but citizens can not find a single lawyer to represent them against illegal arrests, harassment, illegal search and seizures and stalking by the APD!?

HOW can APD justify their lengthy and expensive "sting" operation that involved multiple uniformed officers and several plain clothed detectives in order to charge me with a minor trespassing infraction that was alleged to have happened weeks earlier??? They made fake long distance phone calls claiming they wanted to buy my home that was for sale in Albany in order to lure me from Lincoln County, where I now live, back to Albany. That in itself was a huge waste of organizing man hours for a trumped up trespassing charge? Uniformed officers and detectives took turns interrogating me at my home and when I refused to speak and asked for a lawyer (after I explained to them the first time that the man filing the complaint had been stalking me and this was just more of his BS because I moved and he had not been able to find me) The officers kept switching to other officers and began new interrogations about other alleged crimes. Gebhart had made multiple fake posts on the internet about himself and me and falsly claimed I was harassing him! The APD told me that because the next officer was asking me about a different subject or post that they were not violating my legal rights, THEY LIED and I knew it and kept refusing to answer their questions! They threatened and intimidated me in front of witnesses, claimng they were getting a federal warrent and my child would be taken away from me. The same threat APD officers had made to me several other times when I called for help because I was being threatened by Gebhart and others and they instead decided to be pricks to me for "wasting their time" and forced me to carry heavy objects that did not belong to me and threatened to arrest me and have my child taken away and promised they would make sure I would never get him back. They illegally grabbed my nephews cell phone after ORDERING him to hang up his phone then grabbed him and held his arms behind his back, while he was legally standing on my porch and they had just put me in the police car. They should have been charged with trespassing and assault as well as their other illegal activities that day. They demanded his name and ID, which was likely illegal too.  They illegally entered my home. Then they took me to the police station where they attempted to illegally interrogate me again and several officers in at least two police cars returned to my home to illegally search my home, storage unit and my locked car. They illegally seized my prescription medications and my credit cards while they illegally held me in the back of a police car behind the APD for nearly an hour in the July heat. Only after illegally searching and seizing my property they returned my keys to the front seat of the car I was being held in and then drove me over to jail where they refused to give me a phone call for the 5 hours they held me on a trespassing charge that is normally a written citation to appear in traffic court at city hall, it does not warrant an arrest of a citizen whom had NEVER been arrested in her life. While in jail they not only refused my phone call but refused me food and water while they gave food and water to ALL other inmates. After over an hour in a hot police car with no ac on they refused me water! The jail and the police refused to acknowledge anything about me to my family who was trying to bail me out. They did not photograph or fingerprint me until they released me and they only did that after someone got on the loud speaker and told them they had to get rid of me because they were holding dinner service. Apparently they also did not want to feed me dinner, as well as denying me lunch and anything to drink. When I was released they kept one of the three bags containing my personal property, claiming they lost the one with all my jewelry and my brand new $20 sunglasses in it. I never got my jewelry back, they claimed they never took my prescriptions or credit cards so I had to file a report with APD that the items were stolen, though they knew THEY had seized them during their illegal search. I called and wrote supervisors of the uniformed officers and the detectives, as dispatch told me I needed to and NOBODY ever responded or returned a single call. This entire illegal arrest, search and seizure took hours of planning, at least 6 officers and 1.5 to 2 hours questioning me, holding me in a police car behind APD and illegally searching my property and then keeping me in jail for 5 hours. DO the ALBANY TAX PAYERS realize all the illegal things APD does that wastes taxpayer dollars? Maybe they needed to increase the number of prisoners in jail that day in order to get special funding? What of my missing Jewelry, which officer stole those right out of the jails "secure" holding area? And my prescription drugs they seized (stole), where did they end up, did the officers sell them and put money in their pockets or did they test them before they sold them, to see if they were really legal prescription medications? I would love to know what Gebhart told them in the first place that made them go to such outrageous lengths to arrest me and search my personal property because there has to be more to this story then wasting all that taxpayer money to charge me with only trespassing and then drop all charges? ANYONE KNOW A LAWYER WILLING TO TAKE MY CASE?

I have never gotten justice from this horrific event. I couldn't find a lawyer to take the case because yet another uniformed officer in a APD marked car staked out my home and then followed me all over town for several hours while I grocery shopped, attended my first court appearance at City hall and went to several lawyers offices looking to sue APD and the City of Albany and pointed out the police car that had been following me for hours all over town. For months I avoided coming to Albany and then I didn't come back alone for several years for fear APD would still harass me. I was so freaked out by what they had done to me that I was stopped at a light one night when a police car pulled up behind me and became so scared I started to cry and ran the red light and was pulled over, crying like a baby, scared to death I would be hauled off to jail, without a phone call or food or drink and my house and car would be vandalized and they would steal everything again.

WHAT KIND OF A POLICE DEPARTMENT VIOLATES SO MANY LAWS TO HELP A MAN ACCUSED OF harassment and STALKING (In Benton County) to further harass and stalk his victim? I told the police everything they needed to know in the first 5 minutes of them speaking to me, all they had to do was check Albany police reports and Benton County courts to see that I was telling the truth about Phil Gebhart stalking and harassing me for nearly two years. But no, instead of checking out ANY of the information I gave them they spent dozens of man hours threatening, harassing and intimidating me while breaking the law themselves only to drop the charges because they later found out Gebhart had lied and an officer admitted Gebhart was using their APD sting to attempt to get my new address and phone number from the police so he could continue to stalk me. I am glad APD refused to release that information but WHY would they waste so much time and money on a LIE? Why would they justify violating the law themselves? Why was nobody fired? Why was my property not returned? WHAT IS WRONG WITH APD and why won't anyone stop the madness??? I reported this incident to the City Manager and the Governor of the State, NOBODY got back to me or ever acknowledged a singe phone call or letter. I am sorry, I am not over this and will never be over this until I GET JUSTICE!

Read my other Albany Oregon Police Department blogs, and the comments, the corruption never ends and justice is never served!

No comments:

Post a Comment